Join us for a 30-minute fast-track digital brief on the Impact of COVID-19 on Clinical Biomanufacturing and Supply Chains.
About this Event
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, scientists have been working tirelessly on a vaccine to mitigate the long-term effects of the virus and protect the population. Vaccine development occurs in stages, which typically requires several years to develop the end product. During a pandemic, this timeline is fast-tracked significantly, but how feasible is it to scale up vaccine production and distribution across the globe quickly and effectively?
In this Digital Brief, Alira Health’s Steven Chamow, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, CMC Development, will lead an interactive briefing on the impact of COVID-19 on clinical biomanufacturing and supply chains. Steve will give an overview of leading COVID-19 vaccine programs, contrast timelines for COVID-19 versus other clinical development programs and discuss potential near and long-term impacts on outsourcing in biomanufacturing. This 30-minute fast-track session will included the 15 minute breifing and conclude with Q&A, group discussion, and networking.
- Overview of leading COVID vaccine programs
- COVID-19 versus other clinical development programs
- Outsourcing in biomanufacturing
- Near-term impact, including CDMOs, other services, and supply chains
- Long-term impacts, including:
- More facilities with increased investment
- Expansions of single use and more modular facilities
- Better inventory management and more supply chain oversight
- Faster R&D and speed-to-market
- Q&A, discussion, and networking